How To Get Started On TikTokJoe Walker - February 7, 2023
Exactly what can TikTok do for your company.
TikTok is a social media platform for sharing videos, ideal for businesses looking to humanise their brands through humorous and genuine content. Using a vast music library and entertaining editing effects, they can create videos that range in length from five seconds to five minutes to achieve their goals.
In China, TikTok has been available since 2016, and it has been a huge success among users in the Generation Z age range from the very beginning. TikTok gained popularity in Europe and North America after its parent company, ByteDance, purchased another video-sharing platform, Musical.ly, in 2017.
TikTok has evolved from a platform popular among young people to an effective platform for brands to reach and interact with a wide range of users.
For example, here’s how TikTok shakes up the social media industry:
- The platform’s focus is squarely on the arts of music and dance.
- The algorithm facilitates novel content discovery and provides equal access to virality.
- Producing this material is simple, as videos can be shot and edited rapidly on a smartphone. Additionally, it retains its raw authenticity.
- Almost any type of company can find a following and a specific market on the social network.
- TikTok content relies heavily on originality, and the platform offers a virtually infinite range of subject matter for creators to explore, from dance to life hacks to pet videos.
Here are some pointers to help you make your first TikTok video and go from beginner to pro quickly.
Instructions for Getting Started with TikTok
1. Make a killer TikTok profile.
Creating a TikTok account is the first step in promoting your brand on the platform. Here are the procedures to follow when doing so:
Get the app and sign up today!
You can quickly and easily download TikTok from either the App Store or Google Play. One of the most popular apps of 2021 was TikTok, as reported by Apptopia.
The mobile app can be downloaded and an account set up by following the on-screen prompts.
Create your account page.
To customise and enhance your TikTok profile, click on the “Me” tab. Mind your:
- Profile images or videos
- Breve Biography
- Related Links
Include relevant links in your profile to help direct potential customers down the path to becoming a paying client. Outside of TikTok, this is a great place to promote your website, offers, or other helpful materials. People can be prompted to follow your brand on other platforms by providing links to your YouTube and Instagram channels.
2. Upgrade to a TikTok pro account.
Gaining access to TikTok’s analytics with a paid account can help your company thrive. Useful data on viewers, reach, and video efficacy can be found there. Follower growth, weekly and monthly views, and popular videos are also accessible metrics.
From the tab labelled “Privacy and Settings,” you can upgrade to a paid account. See this page for TikTok’s comprehensive guidelines. After upgrading to a premium subscription, you’ll have access to additional statistics via a new tab in your profile settings.
A business account on TikTok can help you see the big picture, figure out what your audience wants, and fine-tune your social media tactics accordingly.
3. Try out different aspects of TikTok to see what’s popular.
Before constructing your content strategy, it is important to learn how users discover content on TikTok.
A Page Just For You
There are videos playing in a continuous loop. The videos a user sees here are tailored to their interests, location, and language based on their previous actions and the accounts they follow.
When a user is more engaged, the algorithm learns more about their preferences and displays videos that are more likely to be of interest to them.
It’s common knowledge that this page is where most visitors spend their time. It’s also why a video can suddenly go viral and reach people all over the world.
To the “Discover” tab
Trends are typically found and displayed on the Discover page. Find trending hashtags, audio effects, and more in this section. Make good use of this area to research important trends that your company can capitalise on.
4. Interact with and follow influential creators
Researching the inner workings of the network as well as user behaviour and content needs is essential to developing a winning TikTok strategy for your brand.
Spend some time making sure you have:
- Recognizing and learning from your target demographic
- Comparative analysis of the market
- I’m on the lookout for content and trending ideas.
- participating actively in creating a neighbourhood
5. Provide community management and customer service.
Your brand, like any good social network, needs to react instantly to the feedback of its members. Some examples of how to provide excellent service on TikTok are as follows:
- Keep an eye on your alerts.
- Provide prompt responses to all feedback.
- Get back to you on private messages
Although it may seem obvious, failing to respond in a timely fashion can cost you a customer.